is there a way for admins to access to access every dashboard created by every user or access dashboard with out asking them to share.. we usually got these requests like something not working in our dashboards, so we have to ask them to share everytime
my best practice as follow:
as admin i will export via Configuration API interface list of all dashboard create by user or i ask dashboard id.
i find the user/dashboard to check and i will import (becoming owner) .. remouve owner id and dashboard id from script (done ..i've it and i can check it and give back support without asking to share) .
Configuration API --> Dashboard --> /dashboardsCreates
Real Admin need is to "see from interface user dashboard to support user and take over it when needed" to manage grant on it and/or fix.
my use case:
UAT and Production
- i have to export / import every time to allign environment
- 80% of my user are external consultant and go away after projects
- so i've to "take over" dashboard loosing every time list of users that have access to it .. after export insert again (if i'm lucky and i know how they are) this .. until you will release ldap group management.
I hope you will release asap as request from all cluster admin in this forum:
- an easy "see all user tenant dashboard" like you have as Dynatrace support ... with the power to see and takeover dashboard to support users.
- Ldap group management and tagging for manage dashboard "folder" via Tag like in other section of the tool.
For Enterprice company with large number of users manage via api dashboard is a challenge and "time consuming"
will be appreciated by all admin that opened several RFE on this topic
note: import did not work always well .. i just open a case SUP-30608 to support team 🙂