cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Practices for Querying Problems API for all Problems on Entities Related to/from an entity

xtraspecialj
Guide

I just discovered Annotations in Grafana Dashboards and it seems really powerful.  Being able to display problems/events/logs on a chart can make issue detection for troubleshooting investigations much easier and faster.

However, the only way I can think to find all Problems related to an entity in Dynatrace is to write a query for each relationship type, since, as far as I know, you can only return one entity type in the Entity Selector at a time.

For example, a SERVICE has From Relationships to Process Groups, Hosts, Queues, and other Services.  If I want to display problems for a SERVICE, I don't just want Problems for the service itself, but also any problems for things the service has From Relationships with.

The only way I can think to do this is to write a separate query for each of those 4 relationship types, each query returning a list of Problems that contain the entity ids for its respective type.  I'd like to go back even further and find problems for those entities' relationships as well, but baby-steps.

My question is: Am I missing an easier way to do this?  For a service it isn't too bad because there are only 4 From Relationship types, but for something like a Host that has tons of relationships, this can get quite complex.

There has to be an easier way, right? Has anyone successfully done something similar and, if so, how did you solve it?

0 REPLIES 0

Featured Posts