Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About the limitations of the free version of Log Analytics

knakayama
Contributor

Hi,

The documentation for Log Analytics is as follows:

This does not mean that the logs that Dynatrace recognizes are limited to the above limitation,
but I think that they are the upper limit of one search target in Log Analytics.
Is this recognition correct?

I hope somebody will tell me.

Kaori

5 REPLIES 5

MAkimov
Mentor

Hello

This mean that you can run search string for max selected 20 logs (it is not limit count of logs that Dynatrace can recognizes )

skrystosik
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

As Mikhail Said, you can configure events on logs on total size of 500MB (max 20 files). You will be able to read all logs that are detected, but log analytics (special options for searching, analysing) will be available only for this quota.

Sebastian

Regards, Sebastian

ctturner
Inactive

That is correct, you are limited at the amount and size of the logs but this also means you are limited with the amount of log string detection's/events. If memory serves me correctly, you get 5 of these in the free version, Once you upgrade to premium all restrictions will be removed and you even have the option to capture and retain all log files.

knakayama
Contributor

Hello

Thank you for your answers.

I felt relieved that my perception and your perception were the same.

• There is no limit to the scope recognized as Dynatrace.
  • The range targeted for analysis is the above upper limit.

Kasper_Kulikows
Dynatrace Promoter
Dynatrace Promoter

Hello, in Log Monitoring Free Tier you can perform log analysis on up to 20 log files and we will analyze up to 500MB in total.

For Log Events in Free Tier you can define 5 different events.

Above limits are gone in Paid Tier.

Kasper

Featured Posts