Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apigee Edge monitoring for Private Cloud

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Dear All,

According to the documentation. API Edge for Private Cloud is not supported at this time.

Do we have any alternative way to monitor using Dynatrace or 3rd party but to display/analyze the data by Dynatrace?

Regards,

Babar

4 REPLIES 4

Radoslaw_Szulgo
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

@diego_morales  Can you share your knowledge here please?

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

mgome
Advisor

I posted a reply to a similar question here:

https://community.dynatrace.com/t5/Dynatrace-Open-Q-A/Monitor-APIGEE-on-Dynatrace/m-p/182440#M20204

I also have an update.  We've deployed Dynatrace to Apigee Hybrid and are monitoring this containerized version of Apigee.

diego_morales
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

@Babar_Qayyum , there are a few solutions out there.

• Some have used JMX at different sites that report Apigee metrics. More information here: https://docs.apigee.com/private-cloud/v4.18.05/how-monitor
  • Some have used the Google Cloud Platform declarative datasource in EF 2.0 to collect Apigee metrics.
  • Some have used Apigee's own monitoring API for raw data.
  • Some have used an EF 1.0 extension to get Analytics data from Apigee which is aggregated by Apigee itself. This one allowed the user to select what dimensions to bring in (up to 5 dimensions) but because it is from the Analytics API, there is a delay in metric calculations on the Apigee side, just like the Public edge version.

Depends on which solutions they are more inclined to use, you can opt for any of those. If you need that EF 1.0 extension, let me know but I would suggest trying with the EF 2.0 first to see if it covers their needs. Or if they already have JMX configured on the Apigee side, you could do that much quicker.

Thanks,

Diego

Hello @diego_morales 

If we go with option one, do we have to use the Apigee Edge extension? How exactly will this be achieved?

Regards,

Babar

Featured Posts