Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Looking to upgrade from Dynatrace Managed to SaaS? See how

Dynatrace Managed remote access settings cannot be changed

Shirai
Helper

Hi

We want to enable remote permissions to Managed clusters when Dynatrace support is needed and disable them normally.
However, it is not possible to access and change the settings with an account that has cluster administrator privileges. Does anyone know the procedure for changing the settings?

Shirai_0-1653532489212.png

T.Shirai IIM Corp. Osaka Japan
6 REPLIES 6

techean
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Mission control public ips are allowed in clients firewall network using a proxy server or public facing active gate. Mission control is accessible to Dynatarce P1 team for supporting customer's issue to seek the needful access to DT instance cluster. Refer below threads.

Just make sure you are logged into Cluster management console with Administrator/ Owner rights to change this settings.

How does Mission Control pro-active support work? | Dynatrace Docs

Solved: Re: Communication between Mission Control and Dynatrace Managed is one-way or two-way? - Dyn...

KG

Hi techean-san.

I accessed as a user with administrator permissions, but I cannot change the remote access settings.

Shirai_0-1653544355451.png

I understand the role of mission control. However, I want to enable the remote access setting only when support is needed.

techean
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Just confirmed with D1 team, you can raise access request through support desk.

KG

Radoslaw_Szulgo
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Hi @Shirai , this setting is blocked for your license. Please reach out to our Dynatrace ONE team and request to enable this option in the license for you. This would enable you to adjust the setting whenever you want.

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

Shirai
Helper

Hi @Radoslaw_Szulgo

I understand your answer.
The Managed cluster running in our company was unable to change the remote access permission settings. However, we were confused by the fact that some customers could change this setting and others could not. Can your managed clusters participating in this thread change the remote access permission settings? I'm interested.

As I mentioned this is our license setting to allow changing this or not. I believe now the default is to allow change it for new licenses. However, old clusters might still need to ask for the change. 

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

Featured Posts