cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Housekeeping by Dynatrace One Agent disk

JDS
Newcomer

Hi Dynatrace Team, 

In our environment we are implementing Dynatrace and we are exploring advanced features it has. Writing these questions to know more about this feature so we can implement this with best practice.  From the Dynatrace product documentation I understand that Dynatrace One Agent has the capability to clean-up the files when the free disk space reaches 3%  as part of emergency clean-up. The documentation doesn't have more details to understand this much better. Questions - 

1. Does this cleanup take place as part of  the "Low Disk Space" detection under Anomaly detection for infrastructure? 

2. Is "Low Disk Space" detection customizable to a different value like 10%, 20% or 35% instead of 3% default? 

3. Is it possible to ask Dynatrace to do this clean-up apart if  the "Low Disk Space" detection is customized

4. Files from what all Dynatrace filesystem directories will be cleaned-up as part of this feature, if enabled to monitor? 

5. I see "Custom disk-detection rule" in Anomaly detection for infrastructure page. Is this option to monitor specific disks. Will this also do the cleanup for the free disk threshold I setup? 

6. Now which one from the automatic detection and the custom disk detection  takes precedence. 

7. How to make sure that both the rules don't run on the server at the same time and create any adverse effects? 

Any ideas / suggestions on how to test this feature on One Agent auto clean-up feature is much appreciated. 

The link that explains the One Agent file ageing mechanism and log files clean-up is - https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/setup-and-configuration/dynatrace-oneagent/oneagent-aging-mec...

Best Regards,

JD

0 REPLIES 0