cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to monitor ISO 8583 - Message Queue?

Robert24
Participant

Hello,

Would like to know if we can monitor the ISO 8583 - Message Queue?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

Radoslaw_Szulgo
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

ISO 8583 is just a specification/standard on how to interchange financial transactions. It all depends how this was implemented in your case. If that's a Java implementation with supported technologies by Dynatrace - it should work. 

Please clarify what are the techs behind.

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

Hi,

Thank you for your response. To give context, Initially the needed process (ncmcr2) is not detected by Dynatrace and Dyna support suggested to configure it to "declarative process grouping". Process has been added after configuration.  However, process (ncmcr2) send a message queue (sign-on message) using ISO8583 format to communicate card host. What is your recommendation to monitor the message queue using Dynatrace?

To me, it seems it is like a custom application (maybe a binary?). For that, I think the best solution is to write an extension to Dynatrace, use OneAgent SDK or OpenTelemetry calls.

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

Yes its binary, how can we write an extension to Dynatrace? for your clarification please.

I think the only way to do this is via OneAgent SDK:

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/extend-dynatrace/extend-tracing/oneagent-sdk

not sure what the technology is used by this MQ behind. Other way is maybe open telemetry that Dynatrace also supports

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

Featured Posts