cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile application sql lite instrumentation using oneagent SDK or custom agent?

techean
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hi everyone,

We have come across challenge where the mobile application instrumentation using SDK doesn't support SQLlite monitoring out of the box. Is there any documentation or reference available if the integration is possible defining some custom scripts (example for android native app) can be shared here will be of help.

I am aware we can explicitly share metrics to DT using custom agents but need a documentation reference to share it with client.

KG
3 REPLIES 3

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Hello @techean ,

mobile app instrumentation is about digital (user) experience, not about the technical implementation. The focus is to capture user actions and (optionally) further activities triggered from the actions. Some activities such as network calls or lifecycle activities are captured. For all other activities you need to call the SDK in the part of your code where the activity is started and finished. 
You need to create an action (root action or child action depending on your situation). See the docs:

Also, don't forget to capture and send errors using reportError methods - if they matter to the user. No errors except network calls or crashes are captured by the Mobile App SDKs.

Julius

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Julius, I have gone through this documentation, so its left with the developer now to define custom errors right if I need to summarize this?

KG

Correct. Reporting errors, values and creating custom user actions or child actions to existing actions which will represent the calls you need to observe in the app.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Featured Posts