Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNMP extension v2 problems

Yosi_Neuman
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi guys,

Struggle here with this new extension and need your help .... 

Succeeded to set it to work and ask to fetch 12 metrics but only 6 are pulled to dynatrace.

In log (/var/lib/dynatrace/remotepluginmodule/log/extensions/datasources/dynatracesourcesnmp.log)

All the missing metrics shown with 

[error] [INVALID_CONFIG_ERROR] No value reported for: metricConfig=snmp.generic.kiteworks.laLoad.3, host=XX.XX.XX.XX, oid=.1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.10.1.3.3 [status code=32]

When check with snmpget -v2c this oid return information.

What can be the issue here that prevent the fetch of the data from those oid's? 

Is there a way to increase the debug level  to see more information here?

In the log there are other errors that I would also be happy for your input on them and if there is any thing to do with them.

[error] [EEC_CONNECTION_ERROR] SendMintMetrics: [HTTP Status Code = 400 - Bad Request (http://127.0.0.1:14599/mint/302052773931896646)] EEC REST API call failed [status code=30]
[error] [EEC_CONNECTION_ERROR] HTTP error, dropping MINT packet (6 lines, 824 bytes): [HTTP Status Code = 400 - Bad Request (http://127.0.0.1:14599/mint/302052773931896646)] EEC REST API call failed [status code=30]
[error] [UNKNOWN_ERROR] Failed to enrich dimensions. Host: XX.XX.XX.XX: lookup YY.YY.YY.YY.in-addr.arpa. on ZZ.ZZ.ZZ.Z:53: no such host

Thanks in advance

Yos  

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel
3 REPLIES 3

Yosi_Neuman
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

After consulting with support over this found the follows problems:

1. EEC need to set in environment level   
  2. In extension.yaml table & type entries which copied from the example are not needed  
  3. String OID's are not excepted 

After setting the EEC and alter extension.yaml every thing work as a charm 

HTH

Yos 

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel

@Yosi_Neuman 

Have you had much luck with the Hub 2.0 SNMP development?   I'm getting pretty deep into it right now with Schneider power management device monitoring and Zinwave device monitoring.

Hopeing maybe we can get a community discussion going on how to create custom SNMP extensions.  

Primarily I'm wondering if you had any luck with String OIDs. Your message above concerns me because we were really looking forward to monitoring OIDs that provide the last status, then converting those values into a code that DT could store.

HigherEd

Hi @ct_27 

Here is quote from support regarding string OIDs

Yosi_Neuman_0-1643528572746.png

HTH

Yos

Featured Posts