cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

web request naming rule

carlos_ortega
Organizer

Hi,

I would like to do a web request naming rule in order to use a variable in the name of the web request. I explain an example:

The following requests are similar - the difference between them is an identifier:

/test/api/v2/clothes/999/update.POST 

/test/api/v2/clothes/001/update.POST 

Is there any way to have both request grouped by Dynatrace in a web request called like:

/test/api/v2/clothes/{iD}/update.POST 

thanks in advanced

regards

3 REPLIES 3

dannemca
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Did you checked for this Doc page already?
https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/how-to-use-dynatrace/services/service-monitoring-settings/set...
Have you tried? If yes, let us know the rules you have used already, then we can provide some help.

Site Reliability Engineer @ Kyndryl

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Sure there is. Actually, there are multiple ways to do that.

The easiest and most flexible is to define your own request naming rule using placeholders to be universal - I guess the prefix/postfix may differ.   See the request naming rules docs .

Another option is use the cleanup rules but they just remove IDs, they don't replace them.

The third option is to use the global request naming rules, which are especially handy if you have multiple services where this can happen. See my post PRO TIP - Global request naming for REST services in the tips section. You can use service tags to apply this naming rule just for services you need.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

carlos_ortega
Organizer

Thanks a lot. your solution Julius has worked properly!,

thanks

Featured Posts