cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the application detection rules?

dhham
Newcomer

I read the article regarding on 'Easily understand the detection rules of your RUM applications' but I didn't understand it so I think before the understanding of check your existing detection rules, I should know what the application detection rules are.Please anyone explain it more easily I appreciate it in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

Yosi_Neuman
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi Do H.

Check documentation regarding Define your applications

Yos

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel

pahofmann
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Real User Monitoring data from your web applications can be split into different Applications in Dynatrace.

Those applications are configured via Application Detection Rules: They define which User Actions should match to a given application, based on the URL or DOMAIN used to access the application. There is a catch all called My web application where all User Actions go, that do not match any of the Application Detection Rules.

You can find more information, including good practices, in the documentation.

Dynatrace Certified Master, AppMon Certified Master - Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Patrick is 100% correct. Also, if you don't have any rules or a new application is onboarded with out any rules in place, you can find them under "My Web Application" as this is the default bucket for anything that does not have a home.

From there you can see the site/applications that don't have a home yet and you have the option to create a new Application Definition or link it to an existing one:

-Chad

Featured Posts