cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynatrace Managed - More disk IOPS needed for the robust deployment!

Radoslaw_Szulgo
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

We've analyzed thousands of your deployments and compared with Managed Hardware Requirements doc page. It seems that more IOPS are required for smooth running Web UI, REST API, on-demand analysis etc. 

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert
5 REPLIES 5

Radoslaw_Szulgo
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Managed hardware requirements have been updated for required IOPS per cluster node to reflect current needs to provide on-demand analysis. It's about 10x more.

Please adjust as required on your side. Also that's important to you if you plan new deployments to follow new guidelines.

For the reference I leave the previous version screenshot:

Radoslaw_Szulgo_0-1638966632187.png

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

@Radoslaw_Szulgo,

Thanks for your input! I've had a feeling for a long time that disk requirements were set too low. In my opinion, writing so much information to disk as it arrives causes a lot of disk activity, and it can lead to reading being slow. I'm eager to see if the rollout of 1.230 and it's monitoring tenant will contribute to a better knowledge of what is happening in out client Managed installations 🙂

Antonio Sousa

New version, local self-monitoring environment and the dashboard should come shortly! Thanks for understanding the update and sharing feedback!
Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

@Radoslaw_Szulgo 

It seems that I'll have to wait some more time to get those disk metrics, as the OneAgent info seems to not be available in the new self-monitoring environment. I have commented this at https://community.dynatrace.com/t5/Dynatrace-Open-Q-A/Local-self-monitoring-environment/m-p/177260

Will this be available in the near future?

Antonio Sousa

theharithsa
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hi @Rado 
This is awesome. We have been struggling with one of the customers about slowness in Dynatrace UI and we were troubleshooting this since last 6 months. Now this cleared my suspicion about what might causing the slowness. Trust me, this helped me in a big big time.

Love more, hate less; Technology for all, together we grow.

Featured Posts