cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Directory Services 2.0 extension - metric error

sivart_89
Advisor

Anyone using the Active Directory Services 2.0 extension in their environment and have not modified it? If so are you getting the error below with the metric below

metric name:

Total DHCP requests/s

metric key:
func:com.dynatrace.extension.active-directory.dhcp.server.requests.persec.total

error when pulling up metric in metrics page:

Error reading metric data. - Description: Stored metric is invalid: Can not handle metric key 'func:com.dynatrace.extension.active-directory.dhcp.server.requests.persec.total' because the stored expression '(com.dynatrace.extension.active-directory.dhcp.server.requests.persec)+(com.dynatrace.extension.active-directory.dhcp.server.v6.requests.persec)' is invalid. No metric found using the Metric Id "com.dynatrace.extension.active-directory.dhcp.server.requests.persec". Stored metric is invalid: Can not handle metric key 'func:com.dynatrace.extension.active-directory.dhcp.server.requests.persec.total' because the stored expression '(com.dynatrace.extension.active-directory.dhcp.server.requests.persec)+(com.dynatrace.extension.active-directory.dhcp.server.v6.requests.persec)' is invalid. No metric found using the Metric Id "com.dynatrace.extension.active-directory.dhcp.server.v6.requests.persec". Metric Expression: (func:com.dynatrace.extension.active-directory.dhcp.server.requests.persec.total:splitBy():avg:auto:sort(value(avg,descending)):limit(10)):limit(100):names

I do see the below in the Log viewer when filtering for logs specific to the extension, I'm wondering if this could be causing the issue we are seeing

DEVICE_CONNECTION_ERROR:Cannot execute query: DHCPServer on device localhost: Exception occurred. (Invalid class ) [status code=38]; DEVICE_CONNECTION_ERROR:Cannot execute query: DHCPServerv6 on device localhost: Exception occurred. (Invalid class ) [status code=38]; OK:All queries;

6 REPLIES 6

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

@sivart_89 were you able to get this resolved? have you tried the latest version of the extension? If you were able to get this working could you please share with us what you had to do to get it working? 

-Chad

RSarafaniuk
Observer

@travis_anderson  I had similar problem and found that I didn't have DHCP server on host. Check it.

And if you don't have DHCP just turn off checkbox with DHCP metrics.

RSarafaniuk_0-1679490518246.png

jannick_deturck
Organizer

After updating this extension to version 3.1.9, the extension is not working anymore?  Any update/feedback how I can resolve this issue?

Please create a support case.

Mike

already created a support ticket

Hi @jannick_deturck .

We had an issue with topology after upgrade to 3.1.9.

Support told us 3.1.9 version need to run locally with OneAgent. Remote WMI for this extension is no longer supported. 

However, the metrics are still correctly collected for us and we can fix toplogy by ourself 🙂

Observability Engineer at Phenisys - Dynatrace Professional

Featured Posts