cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extensions v1 and proxy

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

I have been trying to get an extension I'm developing to use the proxy defined in the ActiveGate configuration.

But the use of requests tries to connect directly to the URL. I can catch that because I'm dumping traffic and confirming it's not going through a proxy.

Of course, I can get requests to use a proxy, but just wondering if I didn't get this wrong.

Antonio Sousa
3 REPLIES 3

Mike_L
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

You are doing it correctly. The requests library used is completely standalone from the AG configuration. You’ll have to implement it separately.

we’re looking into ways of improving this in Extensions Framework 2.0, but there is no commitment yet.

Mike

Mike

r_weber
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hi @Mike_L ,

I just came accross this situation as well for a provided Extension 2.0 (Confluent Kafka). It would run on an AG that is only allowed to communicate via proxy. However the extension doesn't have the option to configure a proxy. Neither does the EF2 use the system-wide proxy set?
What would be the option here, then?

Cheers!

Certified Dynatrace Master, Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net

It's been raised a few times over the past year with the team responsible for the Prometheus data source, but it didn't get a high enough priority to add it. I'll point the PM to this conversation for further proof.

Mike

Featured Posts