cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom EX2.0 Stop Executing query(self)

Dant3
Pro

So basically I build an extension that runs a query to an API endpoint and later does stuff. 

Basically:

• Get Oauth 
  • Get token
  • Execute API Query
  • Do stuff
  • ends

I noticed a few pending tasks in the system that I'm querying. (the extension didn't consume it via the API Query) and change the Status. So I started checking the logs of the extension in the OA: logs of the extension shows

{"extension":"custom:EXTENSION","tasks":[{"configId":"7c900c4b-a86f-36e0-be49-812ebd64d079","taskId":"python-7c900c4b-a86f-36e0-be49-812ebd64d079","PID":"1530705","executionStatuses":[{"status":"IDLE","message":"IDLE","timestamp":"2024-05-24 03:14:55.138 UTC"},{"status":"OK","message":"OK","timestamp":"2024-05-24 03:24:55.381 UTC"},{"status":"OK","message":"OK","timestamp":"2024-05-24 03:25:25.409 UTC"}],"processStatuses":[{"status":"OK","message":"","timestamp":"2024-05-24 03:25:31.540 UTC"}]}]}

Over and over al;l day. Now, the extension also popups its Logs, when starting to reach the OAuth when is working.

Basically, at the start of def query (self) I have self.logger.info("query method started for EXTENSION."and at the end self.logger.info("query method ended for EXTENSION.")

and I noticed that those outputs stopped showing up at some point, wo I would assume that the query(self) is not running for some reason. The extension keeps sending an OK so there is no error. The last execution ended with no error.

Can we debug anything at the ECC to understand why stops? This one was a local extension (runs in oneagent) so restarting the OA fixed the issue. 

Cheers.

Services Solution Engineer @PowerCloud - Observability/CloudOps Certified / Former SE @Dynatrace.
2 REPLIES 2

Mike_L
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Please create a support ticket so we can have a look at the logs and see if we can spot something or if we need to enable additional logging.

Mike

Sure, created 327250.

Cheers and have a nice weekend. 

Services Solution Engineer @PowerCloud - Observability/CloudOps Certified / Former SE @Dynatrace.

Featured Posts