cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable an extension metric

soportetr
Guide

Hi everyone,

I need deactivate an extension metric such as  "Log flush waits" from SQL Server extension in order to extend the DDU's consumption. Is it possible?

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

I assume you are using the remote MSSQL extension , in this case, you can disable the feature set which includes the metric you are not interested in, but it will disable also other metrics in the same feature set. If you need just a single metric, it's not directly possible and you will need to fork the extension and modify it for your purposes.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

soportetr
Guide

Hi @Julius_Loman 

In that case, How can we fork the extension? Is there any documentation about it?

Sure, documentation is general docs  and also developer docs.Anyway first I'd recommend reaching out to extensions@dynatrace.com or your Dynatrace contact - maybe they can consider modifying the extension in future releases.

If you decide to fork, keep in mind, that you will need to modify every update of the upstream extension, you need to deploy your certificate to each of your ActiveGates where the extension runs. Then it involve downloading the extension, modifying it, signing, packaging and deploying back to your environment. 

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Featured Posts