Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extension 2.0 with python module

henk_stobbe
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hello,

I assume that these kind of extensions are only for Dynatrace,  or else where is the documentation (-;

KR Henk 

8 REPLIES 8

Mike_L
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Hey Henk,

That's correct, at least for now they are only for Dynatrace. This as we require the extensions to be signed with the Dynatrace certificate due to security concerns of auto distributing python code which didn't go through an extensive security pipeline. If/when that changes we'll announce it with a blog post.

Mike

Mike

Any updates on this? We have scripts we would like to deploy. We are kind of back against the wall at this point.

HigherEd

Mike_L
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

It is still planned, but we don’t have a timeline that we can communicate yet. The blog post is currently planned for the next quarter.

Mike

judith_hesemann
Dynatrace Guide
Dynatrace Guide

Do we currently know what the timeline/perspective is to use the Python SDK for Extensions 2.0.?
This topic was brought up by a customer of mine during a meeting today. Thanks in advance!

More information will be shared in the next few months.

Mike

tarjei
Organizer

I would also like this feature!

tarjei
Organizer

Hi @Mike_L ! Any updates on this? 
Also, wouldnt the security be kept by using the signing process which is used on the other Extension 2.0 plugins?

Mike_L
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

The messaging should go out in the next few weeks.

From a security point of view there is quite a large difference between using the Dynatrace infrastructure to distribute configuration, and using it to distribute any code.

FYI @michal_nalezin 

Mike

Featured Posts