Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extensions Framework v2.0: root CA cert distribution on ActiveGate KO

gilles_tabary
Advisor

Hello.

I followed

Yet when trying to configure my signed custom extensions on my AGs I get :

ERROR Failed to assign monitoring configuration to ActiveGate. Reason: Cannot extract extension from /mypath/var/conf/dynatrace/remotepluginmodule/agent/runtime/extensions/download/my_custom_extention: checking signature failed dsfm

warning [native] SignatureVerifier: openssl error: error:2E099064:CMS routines:cms_signerinfo_verify_cert:certificate verify error : Verify error:unable to get local issuer certificate

Any idea ?

4 REPLIES 4

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Check the extension module log if it loads the certificate, check permissions for the certificate file (ActiveGate user must be able to read it) and also its format. 

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

gilles_tabary
Advisor

AFAIS it does load the cert i.e. no error / warning in logs. Any other way to hard check it does load it ? Like : 

1350 2024-06-25 12:42:02.241 UTC [001f78d3] info    [native] SignatureVerifier: avaiable certificate files: cacert.pem, my-cert-root-ca.pem

File perm r--r----- dtuserag:dtuserag (no access denied error in logs)

Format is given by generating command 'dt extension genca --no-ca-passphrase'. Any thing else to check ? How-to ?

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Please double-check your extension is signed using a certificate issued by the CA you imported. 

You can also verify the signature manually (does not help to import the extension, but shows you details) https://docs.dynatrace.com/docs/shortlink/sign-extension#verify-signature

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Thanks. Did so. 

unzip bundle.zip # Signed extension bundle

extracting: extension.zip
     extracting: extension.zip.sig

openssl cms -verify \
-CAfile root-ca-cert.pem \           # *not* the extension leaf cert
-in extension.zip.sig \              # *not* the signed extension
-binary -content extension.zip \     # *not* the bundle, *only* the non signed extension
--inform PEM -out /dev/null

Verification successful

My verification was not successfull showing locally (ouside of a Dynatrace Environment) the message :

20004:error:2E099064:CMS routines:cms_signerinfo_verify_cert:certificate verify error:../openssl-1.1.1g/crypto/cms/cms_smime.c:252:Verify error:unable to get local issuer certificate

Ran again the procedure and now verification says it's fine. I deleted / re-uploaded extension in my Dynatrace Environment. Hope it will be better. We will see.

Featured Posts