cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Host unit and DDUs for odd RAM values

AK
Pro

Hi Team,

I have question on licensing and the associated free Custom Metrics/DDU units provided on Documentation Page 

AK_0-1629981388233.png

How to we calculate the Host unit and DDUs for below RAM values,

3 GB, 7 GB, 15 GB, 20 GB, 62 GB, 85 GB

Regards,

AK

5 REPLIES 5

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Hey @AK , in short: DDU consumption isn't tied to host unit consumption. DDUs are used to measure an environment's consumption of custom metrics, log lines, custom events, and third-party traces), not host monitoring.

For more information on DDU's check out this link: https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/monitoring-consumption/davis-data-units/#expand-are-ddu-quota... 

-Chad

Hi @ChadTurner,

The question because,

Till now, we are monitoring IBM MQ using AG extension however, the queue count was very large and the free DDUs(200k) got consumed within a month.

Hence plan is to install OA extension on individual Queue Manager if that is cheaper.

To get estimate on license consumption, I'm comparing OA with AG extension from licensing cost perspective,

Like if, we install OA extension on QM host then how much we need to spent on Host Unit and further DDUs when those 1000 custom metrics get consumed (As per the information received from support, queues are the custom metrics and they consume DDUs)

And

How much we need to spent if we buy DDUs only.

I'm checking pricing on Dynatrace Pricing Portal

Regards,
AK

Mike_L
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

If each queue gathers 15 metrics (it's something like that) and you have 200 queues on a queue manager, then that'd be 3000 metrics (plus some for channels, listeners and QM wide metrics). If you have 1000 included metrics from a full stack OA with 16GB of ram that queue manager would now consume 1.05M DDUs per year instead of 1.58M.

Mike

Mike_L
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

The required HUs and included metrics is rounded up to the closest line in that table. 

Mike

In general yes. However there is also a tolerance. It is 50MB if it's below 16GB and 500MB if it's above 16GB. So a host with 16.4GB RAM will still consume 1 host unit for example.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Featured Posts