Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLARIs OS infra monitoring possible?

techean
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hi team,

Just asking a very old question, did any one tested any type of custom integrations for ingesting server infra metrics running SOLARIS OS on legacy systems?

KG
10 REPLIES 10

pahofmann
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

There is a plugin from the extension team to gather solaris metrics.

Dynatrace Certified Master, AppMon Certified Master - Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net

techean
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

we are going to test it at one of our clients environment, will be posting a feedback on metrics being captured

KG

Hello @richard_guerra & @pahofmann 

Were you satisfied/or got the desired results with the SUN Solaris OS metrics using this extension?

Regards,

Babar

Hello Babar,

Sorry, I haven't used this extension. Our Solaris hosts all have the Java hence we're using the Java OneAgent.

Hello @richard_guerra 

We are also using OneAgent to monitor the Apache/Java/WebSphere etc. I was curious to know the benefits of using this extension on top of the existing PaaS monitoring.

Regards,

Babar

Hello @richard_guerra 

Thank you for your reply.

Regards,

Babar

On a Solaris machine, the generic Unix one produces a Total CPU_Used% metric and FreeSpace% per Disk.
Im not finding any Total Memory_Used% metric, on any setting (Solaris, generic, HP, ...) or any version (for RHEL 7 or 8).

So only a couple of key Infra metrics work.

You should always use the most applicable OS as that is what determines which commands are executed and what the expected command output is. A common cause for missing metrics is the relevant commands not being found/on the path.

If you haven't, check the troubleshooting guide: https://www.dynatrace.com/hub/detail/remote-linux-monitoring/#troubleshooting

The other possibility is something is unexpected in the output of some commands and that would need to be identified and handled. A support case is best in these situations so that the output can be communicated.

The logs should tell pretty clearly which scenario it is.

techean
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

@richard_guerra @pahofmann  Thankyou both for the help, I knew this might already exist however didn't searched for it as I was unable to find similar question in the open community. Just though we post this type of question where users might be searching any thread for 😉

KG

Featured Posts