Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLARIs OS infra monitoring possible?

techean
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hi team,

Just asking a very old question, did any one tested any type of custom integrations for ingesting server infra metrics running SOLARIS OS on legacy systems?

KG
8 REPLIES 8

pahofmann
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

There is a plugin from the extension team to gather solaris metrics.

Dynatrace Certified Master, AppMon Certified Master - Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net

techean
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

we are going to test it at one of our clients environment, will be posting a feedback on metrics being captured

KG

Hello @richard_guerra & @pahofmann 

Were you satisfied/or got the desired results with the SUN Solaris OS metrics using this extension?

Regards,

Babar

Hello Babar,

Sorry, I haven't used this extension. Our Solaris hosts all have the Java hence we're using the Java OneAgent.

Hello @richard_guerra 

We are also using OneAgent to monitor the Apache/Java/WebSphere etc. I was curious to know the benefits of using this extension on top of the existing PaaS monitoring.

Regards,

Babar

Hello @richard_guerra 

Thank you for your reply.

Regards,

Babar

techean
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

@richard_guerra @pahofmann  Thankyou both for the help, I knew this might already exist however didn't searched for it as I was unable to find similar question in the open community. Just though we post this type of question where users might be searching any thread for 😉

KG