cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stored Procedures ID in MSSQL

Swati_Bhat
Frequent Guest

Hi all,

can someone suggest how to capture and display storedprocedure ID?

Thanks!

14 REPLIES 14

MaciejNeumann
Community Team
Community Team

Hello @Swati_Bhat ,

As we're waiting for help from the rest of the Community, you can check out these documentation articles, which explains how to manage your MSSQL extensions and how to get even more information by creating your own MSSQL extension.

If you have any questions about the Community, you can contact me at maciej.neumann@dynatrace.com

Mike_L
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

As this is in the extensions forum: Do you mean with the MSSQL extension (which currently doesn't capture stored procedures), or do you mean through the OneAgent deep monitoring? I'd expect the latter, but just want to make sure before moving the thread to the correct forum.

Mike

Hello @Mike_L 

We are using the Oracle Database Extension 1.1.3, but do not see the most time consuming Oracle statements. What could be the reason?

Babar_Qayyum_0-1685601406560.png

Regards,

Babar

There is a new feature set added called TopN, you need to enable that to get the top queries. 

Mike

Hello @Mike_L 

The feature is already enabled.

Babar_Qayyum_0-1685602410493.png

Regards,

Babar

And you are on logs v2 or grail? If so I’d have a look at the AG logs to look for a permission error or so.

Mike

Hello @Mike_L 

We are on Log v2. Normally, we are providing the following permissions:

• CREATE_SESSION
  • SELECT_CATALOG_ROLE

Sure, I can check the AG logs as well.

Regards,

Babar

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hello @Mike_L 

Is there any perticular error should I find in the AG logs?

Regards,

Babar

Permission errors in the Oracle datasource extension logs.

Mike

Hello @Mike_L 

I did not find anything related to the permissions except the following WARN is appearing in the logs.

[c0ceabd8-545e-3465-a186-f0e9fae683bd][-8419178555432512324][198073][out][c0ceabd8-545e-3465-a186-f0e9fae683bd]2023-06-08 | 13:20:08.413 | pool-2-thread-2      |  WARN | c.d.s.p.p.GroupPoller     | While polling from endpoint XXXXX-scan:0000:ABCD, querying group 'Redo', some metrics were ignored because Database returned null value: [com.dynatrace.extension.sql-oracle.memory.sga.redoBuffer.redoLogSpaceWaitTime, com.dynatrace.extension.sql-oracle.memory.sga.redoBuffer.redoSizeIncrease, com.dynatrace.extension.sql-oracle.memory.sga.redoBuffer.redoWriteTime, com.dynatrace.extension.sql-oracle.memory.physicalReads, com.dynatrace.extension.sql-oracle.memory.physicalReadsDirect, com.dynatrace.extension.sql-oracle.memory.memorySorts, com.dynatrace.extension.sql-oracle.memory.diskSorts]

Regards,

Babar

Download the latest version of the extension from the public hub, open the yaml and grab the query related to TopN. If you execute that manually as the configured user, do you get data?

Mike

Hello @Mike_L 

The query is providing SQL_ID and SQL_FULL TEXT but in the Dynatrace we do not see any Oracle statements. The following screenshots are for your reference.

Babar_Qayyum_1-1686741540016.png

Babar_Qayyum_2-1686741719005.png

Regards,

Babar

Please create a support ticket.

Mike

Hello @Mike_L 

A quick update on the issue discussed with you. 

There was a rule applied to drop the info log, so after modifying the rule, TopN statements start capturing.

Regards,

Babar

Featured Posts