cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The extension is not downloaded to ActiveGate

Yamis
Observer

I have created my first extension2.0 to scrape a Prometheus OpenMetrics endpoint but before I can reap the rewards of my labour it looks like I'm getting stuck near the very end.

ActiveGate 1.263.143 is deployed onto a Linux host.

The extension never gets pushed to the ActiveGate, even hours after being submitted.

Failed to assign monitoring configuration to ActiveGate. Reason: Extension custom:ome.extension(0.0.1) not available in cache yet (queued for download)
Failed to assign monitoring configuration to ActiveGate. Reason: Cannot extract extension from /var/lib/dynatrace/remotepluginmodule/agent/runtime/extensions/download/custom_ome.extension: checking signature failed

I'm not sure where to go to find out more detail in the logs.

Any help appreciated - thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

AntonPineiro
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi,

Extension's logs are in "/var/lib/dynatrace/remotepluginmodule<CONFIG>/remotepluginmodule" following this link.

I would check if all folder and sub-folders in "/opt/dynatrace/remotepluginmodule<INSTALL>/remotepluginmodule" have correct permisions and I would restart extension service.

You can check also troubleshoot extensions documentation.

Best regards

❤️ Emacs ❤️ Vim ❤️ Bash ❤️ Perl

rkdy
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Hi,

Have you made sure to upload your certificate that was used to sign the extension to the ActiveGate Host, it needs to be present in the credential vault as well as in all of the ActiveGate Hosts that will run the extension?https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/shortlink/sign-extension#upload

Mike_L
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

This is indeed the cause of that error.

Mike

Yamis
Observer

Awesome thanks folks!

That did indeed fix it, on to the next hurdle 🙂

It's a complicated process but I can see the security benefits.

vinay_korlepara
Newcomer

Hi Yamis,

Could you please help me how can you solve above issue.

Regards

Vinay V.

Featured Posts