Did you mean: 

Who recognizes below DB2 extension error

henk_stobbe
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

henk_stobbe_0-1643389773443.png

It is a DB2 extension running on an activeGate version 225

In characters:

Configuration error(Could not start JVM: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Native Library /opt/dynatrace/remotepluginmodule/plugin_deployment/custom.remote.python.db2/_jpype.cpython-36m-x86_64-linux-gnu.so already loaded in another classloader)

KR Henk

12 REPLIES 12

henk_stobbe
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hello,

Just heard from support, it seems to be a known issue. No fix yet!

KR Henk

dannemca
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

@henk_stobbe any luck on this? Also facing the same on my env, and literally zero changes happened on our side, it was just working fine one day, then boom, same error.

Site Reliability Engineer @ Kyndryl

Hello Dannemca,

No sorry still waiting on Dynatrace for a Fix, I will update this ticked as soon as I get an answer,

KR Henk

Hello, today we have received the fix!  (not available on the hub yet)

Next week we will install!

I believe it might be related to installing an extension that has been compiled for the new 3.8 python environment, but installing it on your activate 1.225 version, right?

Antonio Sousa

It is not related to that. It was related to one of the libraries used by the extension not being stable when multithreading. 
The extension has been rewritten from scratch to connect to the database in a different method. We are currently sending it out to customers having the issue.

Mike

Have you tested already?

We did some tests on our lab tenant, but facing some other odd behavior, all endpoints showing as OK status, even for those which has connection issues.

That is to be expected. In those cases you need to look at the log files.

Mike

hmm, we should not expect see OK status when things are not OK. If there are connection issues, we should see Configuration Error as before. Then we go for logs.

If the DB2 instance is down, and we raise a configuration error, there will be no alert raised by Dynatrace. Due to this we need to set it to OK even if no connection can be made.

Mike

Mike

That makes sense!! Thanks!

dannemca
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

@henk_stobbe , question to you. How's you experience with the Extension after the update?

Does your DB2s keep connected normally? How many endpoints you currently have per AG today?

Thanks

Featured Posts