Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert Suppression

Vikas_g1997
Dynatrace Participant
Dynatrace Participant

Hi Team,

Is there any way to suppress a specific alert like CPU saturation on a particular host?  

7 REPLIES 7

Yosi_Neuman
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hן @Vikas_g1997 

With anomaly detection setting - Host level you will be able to set problem-creation thresholds or switch them off.

HTH

Yos 

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel

Vikas_g1997
Dynatrace Participant
Dynatrace Participant

Hi @Yosi_Neuman.

Thanks for the suggestion. Can we do it for a specific timeframe as we do it in Maintenace Window?

Hi @Vikas_g1997 

There is no why to do that from anomaly detection perspective.

May be you can utilize for that Host anomaly detection API - PUT configuration

Yos

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel

Hi @Yosi_Neuman ,

I've  a similar requirement where CPU alerts (alerted through metric event) for a specific host has to be suppressed permanently.. Is there a way to do it? Explored maintenance window option but unable to figure out any option that can handle this..

Regards,

Srikanth

@Yosi_Neuman - Do you think adding a dimension filter like below in the metric event would avert alerting for a specific host?

dt.entity.host.name does not contain (case sensitive) xxxx.domain.com

Hi @ssamraj 

You can use ne filter with entity id's 

Yosi_Neuman_0-1690263919386.png

But I would use the positive way and tag all the hosts I want to get alert on and use this tag as  a filter for this event metric 

HTH

Yos 

Thank you @Yosi_Neuman @.. It's one of the option, I was thinking to go for this morning.

Featured Posts