Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Container monitoring rules priorities management between rules

AurelienGravier
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

Hello members,

On GKE environment with a classic fullstack deployment, I want to instrument only namespaces which ends with "-pre" and "-pro" and disable all others. 
I don't have information about how priorities are managed between rules on documentation.
I suppose (on top to bottom priority ?) did you think this configuration will work on my case :

AurelienGravier_1-1683106203212.png

Thank you in advance.
Regards Aurélien.

Observability consultant - Dynatrace Associate/Pro/Services certified
6 REPLIES 6

Mohamed_Hamdy
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hi @AurelienGravier ,

yes, they are executed in order

Mohamed_Hamdy_0-1683110554928.png

Certified Dynatrace Professional | Certified Dynatrace Services Delivery - Observability & CloudOps | Dynatrace Partner - yourcompass.ca

I've faced the same scenario and worked fine by using equal, I didn't try to use the "end with" condition but I think it should work with any other condition operator

Mohamed_Hamdy_0-1683111717546.png

Certified Dynatrace Professional | Certified Dynatrace Services Delivery - Observability & CloudOps | Dynatrace Partner - yourcompass.ca

OK I will try and confirm to you ! Thank you so much.

AurelienGravier
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

@Mohamed_Hamdy so perhaps it could be better to start on top with the rule which disable instrumentation if namespace exists and add specific rules after.

@AurelienGravier, no need to add disable Instrumentation if the namespace exists, it will disable the monitoring for all containers

Mohamed_Hamdy
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

also, you may apply "Do not monitor containers if Kubernetes namespace does not end with", to be honest, I haven't tested this condition yet, but the most important thing is to apply the rules before deploying the operator

Featured Posts