cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deep monitoring of process Java disabled by Rule 57

MariettaAlmeida
Organizer

hi all

we have two processes with the same name from differente techonologies but on the java view of the process we have this message:

Process isn't monitored
Deep monitoring of this process has been disabled due to monitoring rules. You're missing out on crucial process- and service-level monitoring insights. Enable monitoring via process monitoring rules (Built-in rule #57) settings.

MariettaAlmeida_0-1715470004373.png

MariettaAlmeida_1-1715470175942.png

the other process with the same name appears like being monitored but we  are having troubles with some java services/ classes that arent appearing on dynatrace. 

MariettaAlmeida_2-1715470215398.png

MariettaAlmeida_4-1715470242697.png

if  we activate the java process, will we get more data o will crash with the monitoring of the jetty process ?

thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5

Mohamed_Hamdy
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hi @MariettaAlmeida,

it depends on why you need to enable it, and what is expected to be captured from enabling the deep monitoring for this process group, it's recommended to be tested first on a testing environment to see if it will crash or not, if you don't have a testing environment then you can at least enable it in prod but during window time and don't enable it globally, you can allow the deep monitoring on the process group from the PG settings and validate.

Best Regards,

Mohamed

Certified Dynatrace Professional | Certified Dynatrace Services Delivery - Observability & CloudOps | Dynatrace Partner - yourcompass.ca

we are attempting to get the consumer services from a monitored app that arent appearing yet.

aside, when you say crash what can i expect ? we are using production stage directly.

if this helps too: to access the app the main page is www.example.com/example and under that url all gets done. we arent capturing xhr actions either so maybe activing deep monitoring of the java proccess we can get the missing data of services too.

you can expect that the process will not work and it will crash, you can enable it and test it in a downtime window as you will need to restart the process anyway.

Certified Dynatrace Professional | Certified Dynatrace Services Delivery - Observability & CloudOps | Dynatrace Partner - yourcompass.ca

PierreGutierrez
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

HI @MariettaAlmeida 
The rule id:57 

PierreGutierrez_0-1716521267909.png

Was added in Dynatrace, because our OneAgent caused Eclipse crashes due to wrong thread management in Eclipse. 
For that reason, if you disable rule id 57 . There may be aproblem with Eclipse.

The main question for me would be: What is the reason why you need to monitor org.eclipse.equinox.launcher? Is it really important for you to monitor the process?

I hope it's helpful 💪

Pierre Gutierrez - LATAM ACE Consultant - Loving Cats! Loving Technology !

Hi @PierreGutierrez to your main question i can add: im already monitoring a jetty technology process with the same name that has java monitoring embedded. as i have another java main technology process with the same name, we wonder if we activate the monitoring of this process we could same some missed services (update: we added those services as custom services, the java process remains with monitoring disabled)

Featured Posts