cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Looking to upgrade from Dynatrace Managed to SaaS? See how

Dynatrace Managed perpetual license availability

nsuspect
Visitor

Hi all, I have a question regarding to Dynatrace product, specifically Dynatrace Managed, which I believe is the Full-Stack version. I was told that this product line does not have Perpetual Licensing, but subscription version only. Can anyone confirms it? Thank you

7 REPLIES 7

AntonPineiro
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi,

I would recommend you reading Dynatrace license lifecycle and contact Sales if you still have doubts.

Best regards

❤️ Emacs ❤️ Vim ❤️ Bash ❤️ Perl

Hi Anton, 

Thank you for you reply. I already looked at this document that you mentioned, but the content didn't meet our customer expectation. I'd try to dig in somewhere else.

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

@nsuspect,

Perpetual licensing was available some years ago, but is not anymore.

Dynatrace does support though existing perpetual license customers, and I know of one such case.

Antonio Sousa

I have customer asked me some questions regarding to the product they are using, which is the Full-Stack Monitoring version. They said that they had bought a Perpetual Licensing Full-stack to monitor 5 systems (Some years ago). Their concerns were like:

1/ Will they still receiving any support from Dynatrace if they decided to stay using that Perpetual Licensing?

2/ Is it possible for them to update to latest version of that Dynatrace Managed even after the License has expired? 

nsuspect
Visitor

Hi Antonio,

Thank you for confirmation on this. I did try to contact the support center, most of them did indeed said the same thing as you say. There used to be a Perpetual Licensing for Full-Stack Monitoring, but now they don't.

Hi,

And new Dynatrace features in relation to Grail will be available only in SaaS instead of Managed. I do not know if migrate from Managed to SaaS is a viable option to you.

This is not in relation to your question but thiking in long term, SaaS will offer more than Managed (in my opinion).

Best regards

❤️ Emacs ❤️ Vim ❤️ Bash ❤️ Perl

richard_guerra
Advisor

Hello @nsuspect . 

Is it possible that your customer is talking about a Dynatrace "AppMon" perpetual license? And wants to know how this correlates to Dynatrace "Managed" licensing?

If so, I imagine that this would be some sort of negotiation for a conversion, and that you'd move to a subscription.

Don't forget that the old AppMon perpetual licenses did have a recurring maintenance fee...

Featured Posts