04 May 2020 01:42 PM - last edited on 21 Apr 2023 01:57 AM by Karolina_Linda
I am trying to get the preliminary information on how to plan and implement Managed (on-prem) type of One Agent in our environment. Need your help on following, please help me on how to plan and implement. It would be really helpful if you provide the calculation with examples.
Also, please help me if any Key Parameter(s) I am missing here in my plan. Thank you.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Hi Suresh. Have you already visited our help Pages? This is a good start for you:
Most answers for your questions are here:
1. You cannot migrate data from AppMon. It’s a different product.
2. See hardware requirements. Linux only.
3. See hardware requirements
4. See hardware requirements
5. See hardware requirements. However Dynatrace doesn’t keep same granularity of data as AppMon. See retention times here : https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/how-to-use-dynatrace/data-privacy-and-security/data-privacy/d...
6. see hardware requirements how many nodes you need. If you need to separate physically data then you can achieve that by separate clusters.
7. Dynatrace Managed is intrinsically highly available. See details here:
Great! Thank you @Radoslaw S. Regarding #1 - If we can't migrate from Appmon, could you suggest how to switch from Appmon to Managed? What If I want to take a look at historical data? Any workaround? I am sure most of Dynatrace customers might have this challenge. so could you tell, what is the recommendation from Dynatrace?
I haven’t heard about any. Look around at Forum, use search. Maybe you’ll find something useful.
I just recommend starting to switch OneAgents from hosts one by one. Or use some automation like Puppet if you have many of them.
For #7, there is also the ability to have a cluster span across data centers.
there are stipulations with that, but Dynatrace is working on a more permanent solution for that