cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynatrace Oracle Database Locks

ricardo_vicente
Newcomer

Hi ,

Im using dynatrace to monitor my application and i want to get more details about database locks.

In knowledge base this featuer was explicited, but i don´t know how can i view this.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Dynatrace monitors databases from the perspective of an application. Thus you won't get information about database locks, you can only see what requests are sent to DB including response times/failures/... You even won't see requests to your database from applications not monitored by Dynatrace.

For analysing database locks, you will need another tool.

(This answer is valid for Dynatrace, not for Appmon)

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

@Julius_Loman , curious if there have been any updates on this either in the product (specifically Managed) or through plugins.  We met with our DBAs recently and they were asking about this exact capability.

ricardo_vicente
Newcomer

Julius,

In page bellow, this feature was explicited.

https://www.dynatrace.com/capabilities/database-mo...

"Locks: - Locks that are currently active."

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

But this is page does not specifically say it's part of Dynatrace (product). AFAIK this feature is in AppMon only. The page is about features of Dynatrace (all products, not just the Dynatrace application). Having the same name - Dynatrace (product name) and Dynatrace (company name) is sometimes confusing.

So yes, if you are using AppMon you can access the Live view mentioned. Dynatrace is (almost) a completely different product which currently does not have such capability.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Jakub_Mierzewsk
Inactive

On the roadmap, will be delivered after Beta of Oracle Database Insights

Featured Posts