cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynatrace affects the application - .NET ASP.NET Sensor V2

jemartineza
Participant

Customer Reported that "Tets" Application was failing with the following call stack:
-----
Throw(System.TypeLoadException)
Could not load type 'SendAsyncMethodState' from assembly 'System.Net.Http, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'.
The Method "SendAsyncMethodState" does not exists in the .net api in System.Net.Http. We took memory dumps to perform a deep investigation and find where this method is really located.
We found that the previous method is in the following dll:
oneagentdotnet.dll
This dll is located in the following path:

C:\Program Files\dynatrace\oneagent\agent\bin\1.211.144.20210305-115326\windows-x86-32
We found that potentially, Dynatrace is causing this issue, to confirm this, the customer uninstalled the agent in 2 computers where the issue was present and rebooted the servers.

The customer performed their tests again and then the issue disappeared.
-----

Tests were performed by deactivating the .NET ASP.NET Sensor V2

Could you please share with me some information about this sensor.

Settings --> Deep monitoring --> New OneAgent features --> .NET ASP.NET Sensor V2

1.- What happens when the .NET ASP.NET Sensor V2 is activated?
2.- What causes the error?

The sensor remains deactivated to avoid the error.

Will the dynatrace agent have an issue when activating this sensor?
According to the documentation in the .NET Section

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/whats-new/release-notes/oneagent/sprint-211#oneagent-sprint-2...

Fixed a possible instrumentation problem with ASP.NET sensor v2 self-host instrumentation. (ONE-54918)

1 REPLY 1

For this I suggest you raise a support ticket so that your case can be followed up. Particularly something similar happened to me but with the IIB_integration bus where many tests were carried out and we determined that OneAgent did not like certain headers. For a more delicate follow-up you should create a case.

Featured Posts