cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check if Oneagent is reporting directly or via ActiveGate to my SAAS CLuster

himanshu_mor
Mentor

Hello everyone,

how can i check in Dynatrace console that Oneagents are reportign via an ActiveGate or directly to SAAS cluster.

Thanks

Himanshu Mor

6 REPLIES 6

skrystosik
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hello,

documentation said:

“Once Environment ActiveGate connects to Dynatrace Server, installation is complete. As soon as Environment ActiveGate connects to Dynatrace Server, OneAgent is informed and re-configured to send monitoring data through Environment ActiveGate. To check on the status of the installation, click the Show deployment statusbutton and select the Dynatrace ActiveGates tab.“

Sebastian

Regards, Sebastian

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

The only method is to check the agent logs or network connections (netstat / ss) to determine the actual connection. Normally as soon as ActiveGate is connected to the environment, a list of endpoint to connect to is updated and pushed to agents.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Thanks @Július L. !

we are expecting that this information should be clearly visible on console like under deployment status. I will raise an idea for this

Dant3
Pro

AFIK the best way is to check with ss (or netstat) the connected endpoints from the hosts itself.

From a Managed point of view, we had a few doubts if one of the Agents (in a far far away VLAN after a company Merge) connected to the EnvAG or to the ClusterAG... so we used ss to determine the actual connection...

Services Solution Engineer @PowerCloud - Observability/CloudOps Certified / Former SE @Dynatrace.

Thanks @Dante P. !

Featured Posts