cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBM MQ Monitoring issue

kiranraju
Participant

We are observing that Dynatrace is adding dtdTraceTagInfo into messages sent by One of the applications to the downstream system which is causing messages to fail on the downstream side as they are not able to parse the message due to the presence of these additional named properties in MQ message.

We would like to know the are there any possibilities for disabling the "dtdTraceTagInfo" at the Queue or Host level in Dynatrace UI.

8 REPLIES 8

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

@kiranraju were you able to get a work around to disable that dtdtaginfo in the messages? if not you might need a support ticket. Once you get the solution could you please share it with the community? 

-Chad

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

FYI this would be something done by the OneAgent not the IBM MQ extension. I'll move this to a more appropriate forum.

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hello @kiranraju 

If I am not mistaken you are talking about the messaging service but not the extension. Am I correct? It is a custom message property so there should be a way to remove this but I am not sure what the consequences will be.

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/how-to-use-dynatrace/queues/queue-concepts

Regards,

Babar

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

In one case I have dealt with, involving in this case JMS, we had to disable JMS at the PG level. The process still had visibility in the remaining services, but JMS visibility was lost.

Antonio Sousa

AndrasKovacs
Participant

Hi @kiranraju,

we are also facing the same issue. What was the solution in your case?

Thanks in advance!

Hi @AndrasKovacs ,

We have tried some possibilities which are suggested by the support team, but those didn't help.

So, the development team has made the changes in the code level to ignore the named properties. Because of that, we are not getting the dtdTraceTagInfo values (removed the MQ series sensor), and messages are succeeded to the downstream applications.

Thanks @kiranraju. And does it have any negative effect on the monitoring? Do you miss out on anything? I guess you don't see the custom messages, right?

@AndrasKovacs - We haven't seen any negative impact and nothing missed.

Featured Posts