cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install backup "Veritas Netbackup" on Dynatrace server

The customer wants to backup the Dynatrace server by "Veritas Netbackup ver 8.0", it need to install agent software for backup. Could we do this?

17 REPLIES 17

Radoslaw_Szulgo
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

You can, but Dynatrace doesn't support this as we cannot test all 3rd backup tools.

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

back up agent have effect to dynatrace server?

Hard to say, we haven't checked that. If you are meeting hardware and system requirements for Dynatrace Managed it should be fine. However - we recommend having a dedicated hosts for Dynatrace Managed and not use external tools there.

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

Dear Radoslaw

Thanks for your response.

In our question because the customer needs to backup Dynatrace-Managed by 3rd-party be NetBackup. Can we do it?

Would Dynatrace-Managed bad impacted if deploy the backup agent into Dynatrace-managed?

Regards

Askme Thailand team

dear partner, How can I know if we don't use that and you provide no details?

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

The customer would like to fully backup Dynatrace-Managed server using Veritas Netbackup then must deploy Backup agent into Dynatrace server.

Could they do it?

They can, just you need to setup backup in Dynatrace Managed first and then backup just the specified backup directory where Dynatrace Managed does the backups.

Backing up anything else from Dynatrace Managed directories makes little or no sense at all.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Hi K.Julius

Thanks for your information. We will test another Dynatrace-Managed Prod server first.

Don't forget the backup directory must be shared between Dynatrace Managed Cluster nodes within a cluster.
You need to backup just that directory. Nothing else.

I have worry about NetBackup need install agent in Dynatrace-Managed. Would it affect anything?

@dynatrace A. you can install NetBackup without any issues. It won't affect Dynatrace Managed.

Thanks

The last question to ensure

Would you mean I can install NetBackup Agent into Dynatrace-Managed server?

Both Backup Agent and Dynatrace Agent do not conflict, right?

You can install it on the host. Not into the same directories of course.

Thanks so much

Joe_Hoffman
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

This question cannot be answered by Dynatrace. We do not certify Dynatrace server with Veritas Netbackup. We suggest you ask Veritas if they certify their product with Dynatrace. Dynatrace does NOT certify this configuration.

Dear Joe

Thanks for your response.

We will ask Veritas that is it support Dynatrace or not.

I have worry about NetBackup need install agent in Dynatrace-Managed. Would it affect anything?

Featured Posts