cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Log processing rule : frequency update ?

AlexisGND
Helper

Hello!

This question might be simple, but I want to ensure I have found the correct answer.

I created a processing rule in Dynatrace's log processing rules to "filter out" records if the attribute "messageStatusCode" contains "Unknown status code."

AlexisGND_3-1718099774864.png

However, when I go to "logs and events," I still see logs with "Unknown status code," indicating that the rule hasn't been applied immediately.

AlexisGND_2-1718099748471.png

The next day, I notice that the rule is finally applied: I no longer see "Unknown status code." If I remove my rule, the same situation occurs: I don't see "Unknown status code" (and that's ok because it's after the filter out rule), and I see them again the next day. (It's what I wanted but there is this delay...)

Why this delay ? Why do we have to wait the next day for rules to be applied ?

I understand that processing rules act like data enrichers or a "mask" hiding data.

Is there some sort of daily update frequency at midnight for log processing rules? How does it work?

Thank you for your help!

1 REPLY 1

jaume_reverte
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

Hello, 

Are the logs that you see older than the rule or newer? 

This configuration type only considers new log entries, so if it is already inside Dynatrace, this rule doesn't apply. 

Hope you a good monitoring!
Jaume Reverte

Featured Posts