cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintenance Window for Custom Events

sivart_89
Advisor

Any plans to expand maintenance windows to accept custom events? We have a use case where a custom event should only be active during certain hours of the day, twice a week. We currently have written a python script to pull down the config of the custom event then post it back, only modifying it to be disabled. Then we do the reverse when it needs to be enabled.

Ideally i would love to have this baked into the product instead of keeping up what we have running external to dynatrace.

8 REPLIES 8

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

I recommend tossing in a RFE for this, but then again, Events don't qualify as problem alerts. Events are informative. 

-Chad

Maybe I'm not following the term 'events' here. Your comment below, in our org these custom events (for alerting, maybe I wasn't clear before) very much create problems should the threshold breach and are more than just informative for us, they help alert us of current issues that are occurring.

Events don't qualify as problem alerts

tibebe_m_digafe
Advisor

Hello,

Can you share the link to the RFE if it has been created?

Thanks. Tibebe

techean
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

you can also raise the as an idea in product idea section.

KG

sia_h
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi,

On what is the custom event for alerting configured? If the entity that the custom event is reporting on is in a maintenance window mode then you should not receive an alert for it. Custom devices can also be put in a maintenance window.

Sia

Before the custom database queries extension was released for public use, we were using our own homegrown method to query databases and ingest that metric into dynatrace. There has been multiple times the application team was taking a planned outage for their database and wanted us to suspend the alerting for the custom event for alerting that was tied to that ingested metric.

sergeya
Newcomer

+1 definitely!!!

Jack_Stuart
Helper

Hi, Please vote for this RFE as it will provide what you are asking  Maintenance windows by event type - Dynatrace Community

Featured Posts