cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merging Services

F_Vargas
Visitor

Hello,

If I have 5 services with the same name but they belong to different hosts. What configuration can I apply to see them as a single service?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Mizső
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hi @F_Vargas,

I would use these settings depends on thr service type webservice or web request service.

Mizs_0-1708376861445.png

Example is a web request servcie but you can do the same at web service also, so I would 5 similar rules with differnt conditions (server names):

Mizs_1-1708376957131.png

Mizs_2-1708377021205.png

Mizs_3-1708377326240.png

I hope it helps.

Best regqards,

Mizső

Dynatrace Community RockStar 2024, Certified Dynatrace Professional

Dant3
Pro

That would mean that the Proccess Groups detected are all different.

You can check in the metadata that Dyantrace show in properties and tags in the PGI and in the service and make the change need it for that to work OOT.

You can also setup the Process Group detection Rule to accomodate any deviation in the detection. As last resort if all fails, I would use the Service Detection API to make the transformations as @Mizső suggested. 

Remember that is detected that way since is there something different in each PGI that is being used for PG Detection.

Learning in the Why is detected that way will work in the long run and also only affect those PGi

Cheers.

Services Solution Engineer @PowerCloud - Observability/CloudOps Certified / Former SE @Dynatrace.

Featured Posts