cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monaco: Sharing of configuration items

mherbert
Frequent Guest

Hi,

Since the release of Monaco v2, I've started to look at utilising it moving forward for the custom management layer we have in place.

One thing that I have not found any reference to in the documentation is the ability to share configuration elements for example a use case here is the AWS Supporting services.  We have many AWS accounts which largely will need the same supporting services to be configured.  Is there a way to setup a kind of "configuration template" for this and share across multiple configuration elements for the different accounts.

What I would like to avoid is having the same configuration items for these supporting services pinned to each individual account, but potentially also have the ability to add additional ones.  Even if there is a way to embed another template, this should be of use.

Many Thanks

Martin

3 REPLIES 3

AntonPineiro
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi,

I am not sure if what you can do is covered by Monaco today.

Keep in mind Monaco does not covers 100% APIs. You can check which are covered here.

Best regards

❤️ Emacs ❤️ Vim ❤️ Bash ❤️ Perl

mherbert
Frequent Guest

Hi,

Monaco certainly does support the AWS configuration (I have that working already).  The question was more along the lines of reusing or sharing template snippets.

Thanks

Hi,

I do not catch your point then. Are you not pointing to some AWS account in in YAML / JSON files? Are they global configurations?

Best regards

❤️ Emacs ❤️ Vim ❤️ Bash ❤️ Perl

Featured Posts