cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Near 100% Failure rate for localhost:9999/mbeacon

sivart_89
Advisor

We are seeing almost 100% failure rate for request https://localhost:9999/mbeacon coming from service Dynatrace ActiveGate on port 9999. Does anyone know what this request represents? Should I be concerned with it being this high? One of our ActiveGates has <1% but 2 others are at almost 100%.

Looking at the failure details I see all were from java.io.FileNotFoundException but I don't really know how to dig deeper into how to fix this.

sivart_89_0-1695400438472.png

2 REPLIES 2

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Looks like an incorrectly custom app with openkit. Most likely it's an extension reporting to the ActiveGate (and trying to send data locally). What extensions is the ActiveGate running?

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Your comment led me down the path of looking at our custom applications. I found that the app ID in the relative URL of the trace (see below), refers to a custom app for endpoints associated with AG extension SAP Application Server (ID: custom.remote.python.sap).

I did find some custom apps associated with these endpoints configured to our internal vip that hits our ActiveGates, I changed the settings of each app to use the cluster AG. I believe the failures that are occurring now are associated with endpoints that have a custom app ID setup (in the endpoint settings) but no associated custom app actually created with that ID. Still doing some clean up. It is very likely that we removed some custom apps that have not had traffic in say 1 year, but did not remove the endpoint in the extension.

sivart_89_0-1695415016087.png

Featured Posts