Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Disk Edge - Discovery mode

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Hello Everyone, 

I've been looking around but cannot find any documentation on this new "Disk Edge" feature. 

ChadTurner_0-1718021547461.png

I have a lot  of questions, which is why I was hoping I could find some documentation on it.

Is Disk Edge going to be the standard moving forward? It's the only option for a discovery mode host, but full and half stack has both... 

ChadTurner_1-1718022199014.png

Cluster Version: 1.293.111.20240607-142608

-Chad
3 REPLIES 3

AntonPineiro
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi,

I had just created this thread, same doubts than you. I hope we can have more answers in OneAgent 1.293 release notes.

Best regards

❤️ Emacs ❤️ Vim ❤️ Bash ❤️ Perl

ct_27
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

Same issue here.  We have a mess of Disk monitoring solutions in Dynatrace because they keep half changing solutions, none of which handle 100% of what the prior one did/does.   We had to just now resolve an alerting process because of this loose solution only to find out that there is yet another solution, Disk Edge, which is not yet documented.

@AntonPineiro  brings up a similar point but with no responses either to his thread.

So, Dynatrace.....have any support or suggestions here?  Which one do we use, why do we use it over the other 2 solutions, where is all the documentation, are any of these going to be sunset in order to remove unnecessary complexity of configuring Disk Monitoring solutions in Dynatrace?

HigherEd

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

When talking about disk alerting, the reference thread is this one: https://community.dynatrace.com/t5/Product-ideas/Improved-disk-usage-alerting/idi-p/152939

For more than 5 years we have been waiting for it, but it seems to me that this "Disk edge" feature does not tackle it. @Lauri_Monroy commented on the other thread, so he might help here...

Antonio Sousa

Featured Posts