cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Risk/Security Assessment Integration to MS Teams using Webhook

echwallah
Advisor

We are having an  observation that has poised a security risk using the webhook for custom Integations and MS Teams.

The security teams made the below findings.

Vulnerability

Severity

Remediation

Sensitive Data Tampering

High

·         Encrypt payload to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.

Is there a mechanism to encrypt/obfuscate the payload from Dynatrace in order to address these risk as mentioned..

How can this be mitigated?

Dynatrace Certified Associate
2 REPLIES 2

Alexander_Mohr
Dynatrace Enthusiast
Dynatrace Enthusiast

Hi, 

Thanks for pointing this out. I suggest using the native MS Teams for Workflow integration. Security-relevant information like tokens or incoming webhook URL, which includes tokens are managed within settings, are masked, and can't be extracted by the user. 

If you want to leverage HTTP(s) requests within workflows, I suggest using Credential Vault to manage and access tokens within a web request. 

Does this address your concern? 

BR Alexander

andre_vdveen
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hi Erick,

The payload is not exposed while traversing the network, as long as the webhook to MS Teams is using https, which it does by default as far as I'm aware; the concern you raise is based on what is visible in the browser/Burp, which makes sense as the endpoint is trusted and the payload is not encrypted anymore.

Therefore, if the security concern is related to potential authenticated malicious users, I understand the concern but as Alexander said, your other option is to use the integration via Workflows.

Regards,
André

Featured Posts