cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show databases in Management Zones?

bart_vanderwerf
Newcomer

I like the Management Zones features, but it doesn't seem to match databases that are marked with a tag. Am I missing something? How do I add databases to a Management Zone?

Regards, Bart

7 REPLIES 7

wolfgang_beer
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Try services, as DB services are nothing else as specifically typed services.

best,

Wolfgang

chris_geebelen
Dynatrace Mentor
Dynatrace Mentor

Hi Bart, Please contact me via email so that we can quickly change the configuration. I already did some changes and it should be ok now.

Thanks for your help Chris. Looks like it was using a Host Tag condition, where it should have been a Service tag condition.

hayden_miedema
Inactive

Hi Bart,

Databases are classified as "services". So, if you have a tag rule that applies to services that match a DB rule, then connect that tag to a Management Zone, this should apply to your database services as well.

Regards,

Hayden

dirk_loosen
Participant

Can someone share an example of this? I assume you mean assign a tag to the database services and then use that tag to filter?

Correct, but you don't have to define tags for an entity to be included in a management zone - you can just leverage it.

For management zone, you define matching rules for similar to automatic tagging rules. If you already use tags, you can define rules for you management zone to use these tags.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

dirk_loosen
Participant

Got it working, thx

Featured Posts