cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Looking to upgrade from Dynatrace Managed to SaaS? See how

Unable to download "Manually applied tags" information using Monaco

Shirai
Helper

I do not have much knowledge about Monaco. I downloaded the configuration information from a managed environment using Monaco Ver.2.14.0. As a result, a lot of the configuration information was saved in a file, but I was unable to find the information on "Manually applied tags" in the file. Is it possible to download the tags that were manually applied?

Shirai_0-1716438961688.png

The information on "Automatically applied tags" was saved in the folder "builtintags.auto-tagging".

T.Shirai IIM Corp. Osaka Japan
5 REPLIES 5

erh_inetum
Mentor

Hi @Shirai ,

As far as I know, it is not possible to migrate manually tags due to there isn't API supported.

Anyway, it is recommended having automatic tags instead of manually tags.
My recommendation is trying to convert all manually tags to automatic tags you can migrate all tags without problems using Monaco. And check the MZs to review if you are using rules in which you use manual tags. And in this case, changing them to automatic.

Regards,
Elena.

Dant3
Pro

The ones you can migrate are the ones created via API as CONTEXTLESS. The UI Ones cant.

Services Solution Engineer @PowerCloud - Observability/CloudOps Certified / Former SE @Dynatrace.

Shirai
Helper

@Dant3 @erh_inetum 

Thank you for your comment. I understand that the API does not support manual tags.
My customer is planning Managed to Saas. When I checked the customer's environment, I found that many manual tags had been set. Since the API does not support it, I am thinking of migrating them manually, even though it will take some time.

T.Shirai IIM Corp. Osaka Japan

You can check the entity to see if the tags show up as "CONTEXTLESS". If they do, they can be migrated. You just need to create the automation outside Monaco/Terraform

Services Solution Engineer @PowerCloud - Observability/CloudOps Certified / Former SE @Dynatrace.

Hi @Shirai ,

Monaco doesn't support all APIs. So, if you are planning a migration, you will need to create an automation outside Monaco/Terraform via API as @Dant3 says.

In this post you can find the list of APIs not supported by Monaco. Maybe some of them are already supported by the latest version of Monaco deployed.

Regards,

Elena.

Featured Posts