cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Sensitive Data and ORA-***** exceptions

Bert_VanderHeyd
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

We don't want to give View Sensitive Data rights to everyone ...

But we do want everyone to be able to analyse exceptions. Often we have Oracle exceptions which nicely indicate the number ORA-******, but without View Sensitive Data rights this masked.

Is there a way to configure this in a way that we can grant everyone the right to see all exceptions without masking?

If not possible, I would suggest an RFE to make some kind of exclusion for these ORA- numbers. They are never sensitive.

5 REPLIES 5

theharithsa
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hi @Bert_VanderHeyd 

I haven't come across this feature yet. May be if we can try the access policy this can be achieved. I should give it a try myself to be sure. 

Love more, hate less; Technology for all, together we grow.

Romanenkov_Al3x
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

Hello.

Are you sure this information is not available to you due to restrictions?
If we are talking about the error analysis level - each exact ORA- * error number can be looked at at the PurePath level (Trace level in "Error" tab)

You can drill down to PurePath and get exactly ORA error number without "*"

Romanenkov_Al3x_0-1674215764846.png

Regards,

Romanenkov Alex

DT_NGINX_FORCE_UNKNOWN_VERSION_INSTRUMENTATION=1

I have to ask. Since I have all rights I can't verify that myself.
Although I am wondering what the benefit is of this approach. If the details can be found at trace level anyway - unmasked - what's the point of masking them in the Failure Analysis screen?

JeromeMalherbe
Frequent Guest

Dear Alex,

ORA number is not available in the purepaths:

JeromeMalherbe_0-1674477260330.png

Kind regards,

Jérôme

Theodore_x86
Guide

Hello. I've come accross with the same issue. Does anyone know why we see masked data in requests, while the user has "view sensitive data" permissions?

Thanks.

Featured Posts