cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web request naming rule

Amarjit
Frequent Guest

I have a scenario where i want to group multiple request into one of the Business transaction so that i could view total aggregated time for all the request.

have configured a rule where i am trying to aggregate multiple URL Path but while previewing the result it is not fetching the details.

Any idea if i can configure a rule where all the condition could be of URL Path or i have to use mix of the condition like URL Path ,Request Attribute,HTTP Method ?

2 REPLIES 2

AurelienGravier
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hello @Amarjit ,

You should be able to use the condition "contains REGEX" and using the following expression to group your requests :

UIGetMyClosedTasks|UIGetMyOpenedTasks

The expression is a regular expression (regex) that matches any string containing one of the specified segments: UIGetMyClosedTasks or UIGetMyOpenedTasks.

The vertical bar `|` acts as an "or" operator, meaning the regex will match if any of these segments are found in the input string.

This type of regex is useful for identifying URLs or paths that contain specific keywords or patterns within Dynatrace.

AurelienGravier_0-1721659995913.png

Regards,

Observability consultant - Dynatrace Associate/Pro/Services certified

@AurelienGravier  Thanks for the suggestion actually solved it with multiple web request naming rule with the same name but with the different URL as condition.

This is the screenshot of the custom rule .

I tried actually following your screenshot somehow it did not work out (attached screenshot for reference)

Featured Posts