cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What metrics are being collected implicitly when using "OneAgent-SDK-for-Python"?

newtork
Newcomer

Dear Dynatrace Community,

We're using the OneAgent-SDK-for-Python for collecting traces and metrics for a Python application. But I'm wondering whether there's a definite list what kind of metrics are being collected when using trace_incoming_web_request for incoming web request. Am I right to assume that just all Built-in classic metrics are being collected (where applicable)?

At least from trying out a few metrics I can conclude that many of the "Services / *" metrics work, like "request count" and "success rate".

Unfortunately I couldn't find a good answer in the source code, neither in the documentation for Dynatrace OneAgent SDK for Python.

Please let me know, in case this is the wrong place to ask.

2 REPLIES 2

JoseRomero
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

When using the OneAgent SDK for Python with auto-instrumentation, the following service metrics are collected and automatically:

1. Throughput: Measures the rate of transactions or requests processed by the service.
  2. Failure Rate: Monitors the proportion of failed transactions or requests.
  3. Response Time: Measures the time taken to process requests, but only for traced requests. While auto-instrumentation typically captures all requests, manual instrumentation might restrict this metric.

Additionally, if the Python code interacts with databases, the databases will appear in the Database list. This includes collecting metrics such as:

1. Slower Queries: Identifies and reports queries that take longer than usual to execute.

These metrics help in monitoring and optimizing the performance of the services and databases used by the Python application.

Thanks for your response! I was hoping for an official document, because there are more stats covered than the ones you mentioned. But for now, I have to assume there isn't anything written officially, and will conclude my investigation that way.

Featured Posts