cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API Breakdown in Dynatrace Managed

urs_fischer
Helper

In Dynatrace AppMon there was the "API Breakdown" which made a listing based on the defined APIs regarding Exec Avg, Exec Sum, Cpu Avg, Cput Total....
example:

urs_fischer_0-1648131872216.png

Now I am looking for a similar view in Dynatrace Managed. I have also configured the "API detection rules" there under "Settings, Server-side service monitoring, API detection rules".
But now I cannot display these API detection rules as example in the "Multidimensional analysis".

For example the Metric CPU Time filtered of API detection rule:

urs_fischer_1-1648132058715.png

We would like to find out, for example, how much CPU time an API configured under "API detection rule" has used. Does anyone of you have a solution here.

In the documetation the following is written:
"Custom API definitions are used to further segment the API breakdown and make it easier to quickly see which frameworks contain hotspots."

urs_fischer_0-1648132686736.png

However, I can't find anywhere an approach how to perform this API Breakdown.

Addition:
You can see the APIs in the Method hotspot, but unfortunately that's all. As far as I know, you can neither display the APIs on a dashboard (with Data Explorer) nor analyze the APIs directly (Multidimensional Analysis, split by Dimension API or use a Filter to a API itself).

2 REPLIES 2

mark_bley
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi @urs_fischer,

the Dynatrace equivalent for the API Breakdown feature in Appmon would be the Method hotspots page. This can be found on a Serivce page under View dynamic requests (-> More) -> View method hotspots

mark_bley_1-1648807922808.png

Best,

Mark

Thanks for your reply. This helps, but in tha past with AppMon i was able to use the API-stuff described above also for Dashboards and was also able to use it for breakdowns. Would great if i could use this also in Multidimensional analysis or on Dashboards.

Featured Posts