cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynatrace is not logging all activites or crashes

Creed
Newcomer

Hello, I am having a problem with the Dynatrace one instrument logger.  I have followed all of the steps correctly, however for some reason not all Android activities are being logged.  Additionally I intentionally triggered crashes and and observed those crashes do not log either. Has anyone else experienced these issues?

1 REPLY 1

Thomas_Wirth1
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hey Creed,
On this page, you will find the instructions to activate logging. You can upload these log lines in a support ticket and the support team will help you troubleshooting the problem.

OneAgent (and similar monitoring tools) are using an Android API to monitor crashes. But this API only allows one tool to receive crashes.  OneAgent has some build-in intercompatibility to share this information with others tools. Maybe you are using another tools that is using this API, but does not support intercompatibility?

OneAgent is monitoring all activities. Activity lifecycle information are always attached as child element to a user action. The user action "Loading <activity>" is only created, when no other user action was monitored. For example, when a button click opens a new activity, then Dynatrace will report a "Touch on <button>" user action and attaches the activity lifecycle information to it. This information will be visible in the waterfall screen, when you click on the user action.

As mentioned in the beginning, the best way to determine the root cause is by analyzing the OneAgent logs.

Featured Posts