cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to link userSession with specific problems via API ?

bastien_tebbani
Participant

Hello,

I'm trying to link some userSession and userAction with specific problems via your API using USQL.
I'd like to directly associate a specific and identified error with the number of users impacted by this one and to know how this error impacted users navigation. Currently, the number of users impacted by a specific error corresponds to the number of users connected at the same time the error triggered regardless of they had the error or not.

Do you have any solution ?

Thanks.

Regards,

4 REPLIES 4

skrystosik
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

I think it is working like you've mentioned before. For now amount of users does not exactly mean users that were affected, these users are potentially affected and you will not make anything alone with this. I've read sometimes ago about new problem detection algorithm in Dynatrace but I can't find source of this article to check if this will be changed in this update.

Sebastian

Regards, Sebastian

bastien_tebbani
Participant

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for your quick reply ! If I understood correctly, that means i can't make the difference between a user who was affected by a specific error and another user that was not, if both of these users were connected when the error triggered ?

Bastien

I've got the same problem on one of presentations for our clients. I was sure that affected users were those which really had issues. It find out that there were all users using application during some timeframe. Unfortunatelly we cannot go to user sessions for now from for example failed service calls so I think it might be hard to correlate this.

Sebastian

Regards, Sebastian

Ok, thank you very much. Your answers were helpful !

Bastien

Featured Posts