Did you mean: 

Is there a way to get 1st party resource list

Yosi_Neuman
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi guys,

Customers are looking at application's 1st party resources 

Yosi_Neuman_0-1652956362944.png

And asking again and again if there is a way to get the list of all the 1st party resources with their size in order to check from time to time if there are new "stars" that need to be shrink 

Did we missed something or its a case for new product idea ?

Thanks in advance for your inputs

All the best and stay safe

Yos 

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel
4 REPLIES 4

techean
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Did you explore below api and related if this could help to set threshold for resource size byte.

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/shortlink/api-config-web-app-get-web-app

KG

Hi @techean,

Thanks for you reply!

This can help for changing the default setting of the threshold from 100KB to something else, and its good to know how to do that.

Yosi_Neuman_1-1652959194366.png

However, what we are willing to get is a list of all the resources, by name and size, that are above this threshold.

For each user action you can filter them in the waterfall when clicking on this criteria, for example:

Yosi_Neuman_0-1652959003341.png

It will be great to get a list per application with link to the user actions that utilized each and every  resource that is over the threshold 

Hope now the requirement is more understandable.

All the best and stay safe

Yos  

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel

Yosi_Neuman
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Product idea added

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

@Yosi_Neuman, merged your idea with a much older one. I believe there is still another one, but couldn't find it out.

A pity that it has so few upvotes, as the usecase is pretty clear. I also see a recent trend of objects so big that content producers should be ashamed of themselves!

So what have I done?

• Created a Request Attribute with "Content-Length". Doesn't get the size of a lot of objects (those that are gzipped, for instance) but does help.
  • I then use it basically in MDAs to figure out the pages and objects that have big sizes. Works only service-side though. Something like this:
    AntonioSousa_0-1654110842425.png

Haven't tried propagating it as a useraction property, but probably wouldn't help in the case of resources, only page sizes.

There are also some possibilities about graphing objects that you have in synthetic monitoring.

But given that the data is available on the RUM side, it makes total sense to make this data available.

From the feedback I have gotten from my clients, this is probably one of the most liked features I give them!!!

Antonio Sousa

Featured Posts